Thursday, January 22, 2015

I thought about it.

I did. Yesterday I did not forget and I actively thought about blogging. And still I didn't quite make it. Honestly I was feeling pretty blue after a tough work week and even though writing would be the best thing for me I didn't feel like spewing out negativity and in general being a negative nelly. I think maybe because I was such an unnecessarily dour and unpleasant teen that I just don't feel comfortable spewing sadness to the general world. Those I'm closest too get to see it, but to the general public I prefer to keep a smiley facade.

I did realize something yesterday which really shouldn't have been a revelation but it was. I thrive when i'm given positive feedback, praise and affection. I can survive without all of the above but to really bloom fully a positive safe space is needed. I think that most people are the same way and I hope its a realization that make sure to hold onto If i'm lucky enough to become a parent or someones boss one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment