I forgot to blog yesterday! well, I didn't exactly forget. I thought about it and intended to and then got distracted by other things. And most likely it won't be the last time it happens. But do we give up after one stumble?!?!?! oh hell no. Even if i end up with only 300 posts at the end of the year it will still be worth it.
So part of why i forgot yesterday is that it was a super busy Saturday. I got up early and did a speed run to the grocery store for chili supplies, came home and had the chili simmering by 10am. The rest of the day was spent unpacking, demo-ing and preparing prosciutto wrapped dates (surprisingly time consuming). Also a small crisis involving our yard having too many trees for direct TV to be involved which jeopardized our ability to watch the Seahawks in the playoffs. I'm not quite sure what Jonathan did but we discovered we some how magically have cable via wave that we are not paying for (although we do pay them handsomely for internet) so the crisis was averted. Dana, Taylor Sofia and Henry arrived 4 and Jenni followed shortly thereafter. Chili was eaten, beer was drank (though not by me) and much merriment was had. And most importantly the Seahawks won! Can i get a sqeeeehawk???
Most amusingly and also disturbingly we all witnessed jinxycat take a voluntary 12 plunge off of the staircase to avoid Sofia. Although quite bothered by the children he was otherwise fine and was actually quite affectionate and social once they left
And after a much needed lazy morning involving slowly sipped coffee and a delicious pancetta, onion and mushroom scramble we were back to work. An epic three hour trip to lowes to get necessary items to begin tiling followed by an equally epic albeit shorter trip to the grocery store. I've been in the kitchen for the past three hours prepping dinner for tonight, tomorrow and Tuesday and Jonathan's been demo-ing like a champ. On tonight's menu noodle-less lasagna which I'm pretty sure i also janked from skinnytaste.com. The super special secret? thinnly sliced zucchinis in place of noodles.
When did my weekends get so damn productive? blargh, probably the same time I got old and boring. It will be nice next weekend to let loose a bit, but for now i'm off to put the fauxsagna in.
No comments:
Post a Comment