I think if you'd asked me as recently as a few years past I would have told you that they were dumb. And in a way resolutions are dumb, because you can make changes or set goals at any point during the year and be just as if not more so successful. And yet, there is something enticingly fresh about a shiny new year. I think personally that there's something enticing about the freshness of January, the return to a routine after holiday excess, the crispness and the cool that make resolutions seem like such a wise idea this time of year.
And so here I am keeping a resolution i made for 2015. One blog for every day. Not the first time i've undertaken this particular resolution but hopefully the first time I keep it. Even if i can't make it to a computer a journal entry will be made. Because I like to write because it keeps me sane and i'm also at that point in my life where i'm feeling exceedingly mortal and the idea of a legacy is becoming more attractive with each passing moment.
Happy 2015.
No comments:
Post a Comment