So i'm currently home sitting on the couch at 241pm watching HGTV with jinx. I didn't call in sad to work either actually (although a mental health day is definitely warranted) but went in the morning only to be thwarted by the tooth pain i've been doing my damndest to ignore. Today however the scale tipped. The thought of being in pain continuously was worse than the thought of the pain i knew i'd encounter at the dentist. I'll be heading back for a root canal on tuesday and its vicodin till then.
But the point is, with my mind focused on pain, then finding a doctor, making the appointment, getting the insurance info, finding the doctor filling my prescription and locating soup for lunch i've been too busy to think about my self worth, my body image or being sad. And i noticed i've been feeling a hell of a lot less blue. I'm a big fan of thinking over things and ruminating on them if doing so well help the situation but i think for me more doing and less thinking would be a great thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment